DEVELOPMENT OF INTERGOVERNMENTAL RELATIONS IN THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
The relevance of the study of intergovernmental relations of the Republic of Belarus is justified by the need to study the current state and assess financial relations between budgets of various levels of the budget system. The purpose of the article is to analyse and evaluate the development parameters of intergovernmental relations in the Republic of Belarus and to outline the main characteristics of their development at the present stage. The object of the study is intergovernmental relations in the Republic of Belarus. Methods used in the study. The study was conducted on the basis of a study of reporting and analytical documents of the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Belarus for 2019. Conclusions are based on economic comparisons and systematisation of the official data. Research hypothesis. Intergovernmental relations in the Republic of Belarus need to be improved and have the potential for their development. Statement of the main material. Intergovernmental relations are relations during the budget process between republican and local government bodies. The principles of intergovernmental relations of the Republic of Belarus include: differentiation (distribution) and consolidation of budget revenues and expenditures at certain levels of the budget system, as well as equalisation of the levels of minimum budgetary provision of all budgets in the country. Originality and practical value. The analysis of the financial parameters of the development of intergovernmental relations in the Republic of Belarus showed that the main characteristics of modern intergovernmental relations are as follows: the dominance of the republican budget in the consolidated budget revenues; the predominance of local budgets in consolidated budget expenditures; low level of financial independence of regional budgets; the balancing of local budgets is mainly due to the mechanism for the provision of intergovernmental transfers (subsidies and subventions). Conclusion. The prospects for the development of intergovernmental relations of the Republic of Belarus are seen in a greater concentration of expenditures and the delegation of expenditure powers to a smaller number of consolidated budgets against the background of adjusting the administrative-territorial division.
2. The budget code of the Republic of Belarus dated July 16, 2008 No. 412-3. URL: https://etalonline.by/document/?regnum=Hk0800412 [in Russian]
3. Samakhavets, M.P. (2016) The role of the financial market in investment policy. Belarusian Economic Journal, 2, 45-56. [in Russian]
4. Analytical reports “On the State Finance of the Republic of Belarus”. Retrieved from http://minfin.gov.by/en/budgetary_policy/analytical_reports/ [in Russian]
5. Samakhavets M.P. Budget financing of the social sphere of the Republic of Belarus / М.P. Samakhavets, М.I. Buhtik, А.V. Кievich // Economic Science. 2020. № 184. p. 104-109.
6. Samakhavets, M.P. (2012) The system of state financial instruments for the development of the national economy of the Republic of Belarus. Young scientist, 11 (46), 209-214. [in Russian]
7. Bulletin on budget execution. Retrieved from http://minfin.gov.by/en/b udgetary_policy / bulletin / [in Russian]
8. Kievich А.V., Kоypash D.А. Crowdinvesting as an alternative model for investment project financing. / А.V. Kievich, D.А. Kоypash // Economics and Banks. 2016. № 1. p. 58–65.
9. Krivorotko, Yu.V. (2011) Theory and practice of inter-budget relations in the Republic of Belarus in the context of harmonization of global integration processes: abstract. diss. ... Doctor of Economics 08.00.10, 08.00.14. SPb. [in Russian]
10. Kievich А.V. Financial aspects of the fund of social protection of the population functioning in the Republic of Belarus / А.V. Kievich // Issues of Economics and Law. 2017. № 109. p. 23-27.