THE ESSENCE OF THE PROCESS OF AN AGRICULTURAL HOLDING INTEGRAL PROPERTY COMPLEX VALUING
Agricultural enterprises of Ukraine become more competitive and have a need to attract additional financial resources not only through lending but also with investors. In attracting investors, especially with foreign capital, the valuation of agricultural business becomes important as most companies now are integral property complexes. The purpose of the article is to identify the essence of the process of integral property complex valuation of an agricultural holding by determining the most correct methodology for business valuation that meets this objective.
The production and management processes of an agricultural holding have significant differences compared to other industries. Hence there is an urgent need to address issues of theoretical and methodological nature that arise in the implementation of business valuation procedures for the assessment of an integral property complex of an agricultural holding. After all, the correctly conducted business valuation procedure can increase an agricultural holding’s value and its investment attractiveness. The views of researchers and leading scientists on the problem of determining the value of the business of joint-stock companies (agricultural holdings) differ significantly. The choice of methodological approach and method of valuation of a particular company, and in our case - the integral property complex of an agricultural enterprise, depends on the type of value that must be calculated in the process of valuation.
The article substantiates the essence of the category "value" in the context of determining the value of integral property complex of an agricultural enterprise. The main methods of determining the value of business of agricultural joint-stock companies are generalized. It is proposed to estimate the value of the integral property complex of an agricultural enterprise, based not only on the purpose of the valuation but also taking into account the synergetic effect, ie, the acquisition of benefits from the implementation of integration ties with the environment that agricultural holdings have.
2. Franc-Dąbrowska J., Madra-Sawicka M., Bereżnicka J. (2018). Cost of Agricultural Business Equity Capital—A Theoretical and Empirical Study for Poland. Economies, 6, 37, 10, 1-15. doi:10.3390/economies6030037.
3. Meinhart T.J. (2008). Estimating a Company-Specific Risk Premium in the Cost of Capital for Ad Valorem Tax Valuation Purposes. Willamette Management Associates Insights, Summer 2008, pp. 19-25.
4. Câmara A., San-Lin C. , Yaw-Huei W. (2008). Option implied cost of equity and its properties. Journal of Future Markets, [Online], 29, 599–629, available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.1003924
5. Mohylova M.M. (2016). Osnovni zasoby silskohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv: stan, otsinka, vidtvorennia: monohrafiia. [Fixed assets of agricultural enterprises: state, evaluation, renovation: monograph], Natsionalnyi naukovyi tsentr “Instytut ahrarnoi ekonomiky”, Kyiv, Ukraine.
6. Kryvobok S. (2003) Deiaki pytannia, poviazani z vyznachenniam pidpryiemstva yak mainovoho kompleksu za Tsyvilnym kodeksom Ukrainy [Some issues related to the definition of the enterprise as a property complex under the Civil Code of Ukraine]. Pravo Ukrainy,10, pp. 132-134
7. Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2019). Law of Ukraine "On Lease of State and Municipal Property" 157-IX available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/157-IX.
8. Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2006), Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine National standard no. 3 "Evaluation of integral property complexes", available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1655-2006-п
9. State Property Fund. (2010). State Property Fund Order “On the procedure for classifying property as one that is included in the integral property complex of a state enterprise” available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0109-11.
10. Manfred Jürgen Matschke. (2010). Fundamentals of Functional Business Valuation. Journal of business valuation and economic loss analysis, 5, pp. 1–139.
11. Koval I.F. (2017) Valuation of companies: methodological approaches and applications. Molodyi vchenyi,4, pp. 665–668.
12. Damodaran A. (2004). Investitsionnaya otsenka: instrumentyi i metodyi otsenki lyubyih aktivov. [Investment Valuation: Tools and Techniques for Determining the Value of Any Asset] Translated from English. Third edition. Alpina Business Books, 1324 p.
13. Penman S. A. (1998). Comparison of Dividend, Cash Flow, and Earnings Approaches to Equity Valuation. Contemporary Accounting Research, 15, Fall, p. 343-383.
14. Kouplend, T. Koller, T. and Murryn, D. (2008). Vartist kompanii: otsinka i upravlinnia [Company value: evaluation and management].Translated from English. Olymp-Business , 576 p.
15. Z. Christopher Mercer, Travis W. Harms. Integrirovannaia teoryia otsenki stoimosti biznesa. [Business valuation. An integrated theory. Second edition] Translated from English: Maroseika, 290 p.
16. Shevchuk V, Koriahin M. (2012). Teoretyko-metodolohichni zasady otsinky vartosti pidpryiemstva [Theoretical and methodological principles of enterprise valuation] , Economist,10, p. 58-60.
17. Harazha O.P. (2016). Standardization of property valuation in the world. Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu. [Online], no.10, available at: http://www.vestnik-econom.mgu.od.ua/journal/2016/17-2016/10.pdf
18. Kasperevych L. V (2018). Features of valuation of agricultural land under market conditions. Ahrosvit. [Online], no.19, available at: http://www.agrosvit.info/?op=1&z=2725&i=0
19. Vidal García R, Sales C., Lopez L. , (2004), Company valuation methods: applying dynamic analogical-stock market valuation models to agrarian co-operatives. Spanish Journal of Agricultural Research, [Online], vol. 2, no. 1, p. 17-25, available at: http://revistas.inia.es/index.php/sjar/article/view/56.
20. Petriv I. (2017). Osoblyvosti otsinky vartosti pidpryiemstv na osnovi metodu dyskontuvannia hroshovykh potokiv [Features of an enterprise valuation based on discounted cash flow method], Ekonomichnyi dyskurs 2, pp. 137–144.
21. Piliavoz T. (2018). Prohnozuvannia hroshovykh potokiv u otsintsi vartosti pidpryiemstva [Cash flow forecasting in an enterprise valuation]. XLVII Naukovo-tekhnichna konferentsiia fakultetu menedzhmentu ta informatsiinoi bezpeky. [Online] available at: https://conferences.vntu.edu.ua/index.php/all-fm/all-fm-2018/paper/viewPaper/5361.